Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 DG OS HSM Art Lens
A versatile zoom for everyday shooting, the Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 DG OS HSM Art Lens covers a useful wide-angle to portrait-length range of focal lengths to suit shooting in a variety of environments. As part of the esteemed Art series of lenses, a sophisticated optical design is used that incorporates three SLD elements and four aspherical elements to reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations, as well as color fringing, distortions, and other anomalies for greater clarity and sharpness. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to suppress lens flare and ghosting for accurate color fidelity and high contrast, and a protective coating has been applied to the front element, too, to benefit working in harsh climates. Additionally, extending its versatility, a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range as well as greater control over depth of field.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. An Optical Stabilizer also benefits handheld shooting by minimizing the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery. The physical design utilizes Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Standard zoom lens is designed for full-frame-format Canon & Nikon-mount DSLRs, however it can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 38.4-112mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and four aspherical elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy, as well as spherical aberrations for reduced distortion and improved sharpness throughout the zoom range.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Front lens element has been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Filter Thread||Front: 82 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.46 x 4.24″ (88 x 107.6 mm)|
|Weight||2.24 lb (1020 g)|