CANON EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM Lens
Macro with Extended Reach
Super Spectra Coating ensures accurate colour balance & high contrast, suppress flare & ghosting by absorbing light.
The EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens from Canon will focus over the full range from infinity to true life size (1:1 reproduction ratio) macro. Ideal for photographing details and small subject material, it also serves as a very sharp prime telephoto lens for portraiture and other applications. It provides a combination of versatility, image quality and superb handling.
A high-performance ring type Ultrasonic Motor provides fast and silent AF throughout its focus range, and full-time manual focusing permits the close-up or macro shooter to instantly override the AF whenever necessary. A 3-group floating system results in excellent delineation at all focusing distances and a focus range limiter function enables faster autofocus times within one of two appropriate ranges.
- Features an advanced optical formula with a three-group floating element system for exceptional close-up performance.
- Internal focusing means the lens length remains constant which is particularly important when shooting macro at short distances, especially when using an optional ring-type flash.
- An ultrasonic motor (USM) provides outstanding AF speed at all focusing distances.
- Wide manual focusing ring with smooth action & fulltime manual focus override even in AF mode.
- A focus range limiter lets you set the focusing distance range from 1′ to infinity or from 1.6′ to infinity. By setting a more suitable range, focus hunting is minimized and autofocusing time is shortened.
- Detachable tripod collar and Canon ring-type macro flash available optionally.